New Cover Art for DnD Version!
11 days ago
– Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 12:50:21 AM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.
New PDF sent out!
about 1 month ago
– Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 11:18:04 PM
Over the past year, as we developed the D&D version of this book, we took note of comments and feedback for the Pathfinder edition. On the whole, the book has been very well received - it has gotten great reviews. The feedback for the content has been unanimously positive.
But not everything was perfect. There were two criticisms that repeatedly stood out to us:
Problems to solve:
1. We took waaaaay too long to finish the book and send it to the printers.
2. The images of painted miniatures aren't commensurate with the quality of the rest of the book.
We cannot go back in time and change either of these things for the original Pathfinder book for y'all. However, we can address these issues moving forward. Here's how we've done it:
How to solve for future printings and editions:
1. No more taking forever to fulfill: We now fully develop, edit, and layout the book before sending it to Kickstarter (or allowing pre-orders, if it is not a Kickstarter). By having it completely finished first, we can send it to the printers much more quickly after the project. To be clear, we learned this lesson based on our board game projects as well, and since mid 2017 (beginning with the Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught 3 Kickstarter) we've always launched with the products ready to go to print.
There IS a feature that is lost in doing it the "printer ready" way, I must point out. If we literally develop everything before putting it on Kickstarter, then every single stretch goal must be also already developed. This has several ramifications for us and backers. One of them is that any good ideas from backers for how to improve the product can't be included. There are other issues this presents, but on the whole we feel it's still better to have it all complete first so that delivery is quicker.
In our forthcoming DnD 5e edition of the book there are some new sections and content which will serve as Stretch Goals. Although this content has been developed, this means it has also been paid for, which is a real, and not a pretend cost. Therefore, this new content will remain stretch goals so we can recoup our costs in having developed it.
2. No more painted miniatures pictures. We replaced all the images of painted miniatures with full color illustrations of the monsters and great old ones. Additionally, the second print run of the original Pathfinder book (as well as the planned future Pathfinder 2.0 edition) will have these new images, instead of the painted miniatures pictures.
As another Thank You to all of you for being the first to believe in our first roleplaying product as a company, I've uploaded the new version of the PDF (with the new art) to Backerkit and I've initiated a sendout. You should have all gotten the new PDF by now, but if not, you can log into Backerkit and download it directly.
DnD Edition coming to Kickstarter in October!
about 1 month ago
– Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 12:53:00 AM
We will have new cover art for the DnD book (but we're not ready to show it yet).
Also, I have a real surprise and treat for you next week that is more related to the Pathfinder edition...
New Customer Support Staff
3 months ago
– Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 10:25:21 PM
Every Kickstarter backer should have received their rewards by now - entirely.
If your order somehow slipped through the cracks, please email Christy at PetersenGames dot com. She handles shipping related customer support issues.
If you have NON-shipping related issues, if you could email the usual Support at PetersenGames dot com.
Note that James, our previous customer support person, unexpectedly resigned last week due to non-work related matters. It was very unfortunate, and we'll miss him. We have hired a temporary replacement (potentially to become permanent) who ONLY handles Customer Support (and not Sales, in addition, which is what James did). His name is George Botelho, and he's been great so far!
You'll be seeing a LOT fewer updates from me starting now, since this project is effectively fulfilled.
I promise to be back like a bad lingering fart when the pre-order campaign for the DnD 5e edition is ready to go live!
Australia + Asia Books ALL in the mail + Some GREAT NEWS!
5 months ago
– Wed, May 09, 2018 at 09:55:08 PM
The US region orders went out the door over a week ago, and as of today, this is also true for the Australia and Asia region orders!
If you haven't received tracking yet, you should soon!
The European region orders should all be out the door by the end of this week.
Also - although this doesn't apply to KS backers - all the pre-orders of books from our website are going out this week as well! (We wanted to wait until all KS orders have been mailed).
The PDF is a bestseller on DriveThruRPG!
Also, we put the PDF live on DriveThruRPG just this week, and it's number 8 in the "bestsellers" category list!
Pre-order campaign for DnD 5e version this Summer!
We have decided to NOT use Kickstarter for the DnD 5e version of this book. Instead, we'll have a month long pre-order campaign on our website. This will go live later this year (likely July or August, we'll know when it gets closer).
We'll launch after the book is ENTIRELY complete - you'll get the PDF download immediately when you pre-order the DnD version of the book!
I'll be sending the files to the printer after the pre-order campaign, but you'll have the PDF version immediately. In other words, you won't have to wait over a year this time!
Also - the DnD version will include NEW art - especially for the monsters! Below are some samples!